CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful: Day 15

I'm piggybacking on last night's post.  Tonight I'm thankful for another internet resource; Twitter.  I use Twitter as a professional development tool for school, mainly.  One of the bummer things about teaching Special Ed. in a rural (small) district is that there aren't multiple elementary special educators to bounce ideas off of.  That's one of the biggest things I miss about teaching in a large district.  So, to make up for it, I connect with other special educators across the country via Twitter.

I've found that some of the most passionate teachers are using Twitter to share interesting articles, blogs, classroom ideas that work, etc. and I'm thankful for social media to help me "stay connected"

I'm telling every teacher I know to get on Twitter.  It can be a time sucker (like most things on the internet) but it has some of the best resources out there.  I've even convinced my good bud, @RachelUrbain to Tweet this year.  Woohoo!  :)

P. S.  To all of your future Tweeters out there, use the actual Twitter website ONLY to sign up.  From there, use a #hashtag managing website like TweetDeck or HootSuite!



0 comments: