CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful: Day 19

Today I'm thankful for education.  Justin and I both had great upbringings where education was highly valued.  We both graduated from high school (me from Newell-Fonda and he from Van Alstyne in TX), followed by graduation from BVU (in 2003 together), finally earning our master's degrees (mine in 2009 from Morningside and J's this past May from Kaplan).

After 16+ years of school, Justin and I are both decided that we love school so much and became teachers.  We are passionate about education.  I'm thankful for all of the teachers that have influenced us and for all of the teachers that will and have influenced our children.  Education is so important and I'm very thankful for it!



Speaking of education and being thankful, here are 2 drawings Alexis brought home in her "Friday Folder" yesterday.  This is a snapshot of what she is thankful for.  I got a good chuckle out of these.  Check out the first one.  She erased "an awesome brother" and replaced it with a "cool house" (she's talking about our house in Clive).




0 comments: