CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

House Project #1 Sneak Peak

I have been painting and painting and painting and....you get the idea. Let's just say this painting "project" has been a bit more of an undertaking than I anticipated. Oh well, it will be well worth it in the end.

The painting projects I have completed so far include:

 Front Entry (walls and trim)
Front Stairway hall (walls and some trim)
Master bedroom (walls, doors and trim)
Austin's bedroom (walls, doors and trim)

 I will post pictures of each room as I have time but here is a sneak peak for one of the completed projects. The walls still need decor and I eventually want to put some sort of lockers for shoes, coats, bags, etc. but it's not a priority at the moment. I'm so happy with how the paint turned out and am SO excited to get rid of that hideous country blue! Here is the front entry before and after:
Before
                                                                                                
After

The painting projects are just tedious and time consuming but the BIG project is the removal of the wall dividing the kitchen and dining room and gutting the kitchen. My posts won't be quite as detailed as my fav. DIY blog Young House Love but I'll get some photos up soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I've been dying to see some photos! Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

P.S. This was Bethany. Not sure why it's not recognizing me.
P.P.S. I LOVE the white trim!

The Olsens said...

So much more modern and fresh! Looks like painting could be a side business for you!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much ladies! I love the modern touch on the old house too. It's been a VERY long yet gratifying process.