CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Painting project #2--Bu Bye Blue!

(This post is killing 2 birds with one stone. I'm entering it in Learning the Frugal Life's Frugal Tuesday tip. My tip this week is to paint a room to completely change the look. I spent approx. $20 in paint for this project and look at the difference in the look).

Bu-Bye Blue! It was so gratifying ripping that ol' country border off and painting it over with a neutral color. We are going to make this spacious hallway an office nook/command center. I'm also going to make a contemporary valance to go over the west window. Below are the pictures of the hall progress far. I'm a big fan of the dark wood so I kept all of that dark and painted all of the light oak white. Do you like it?
Stairway Hall Before
Stairway Hall After (from a different angle)
P.S. I FINALLY figured out how to post Blog photos side-by-side. Yay! Next goal: Learn to take before and after photos from the same angle. ;)

2 comments:

juliecache said...

the paint job is a great update for that space! thank you for joining the frugal tuesday tip. http://juliecache.com/

Alison said...

This looks fabulous! $20 well spent.