CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful: Day 18

Today I'm thankful for unexpected blessings.  As I checked the mail, I received a $500 check from Meredith Corporation.  I won a card making contest through Scrapbooks Etc. (the magazine) a few months ago and my check came in the mail today. I hadn't thought about this $ in quite a while so it came as a shock to me. It comes at a good time...right before we travel to Tulsa over Thanksgiving for Justin's sister's wedding.  I will probably use this to do some Christmas shopping while I am down there. 

I'm also thankful for my ability to "craft" things (scrapbooks, cards) and for companies, like Meredith, that bless people with contests like this.  Not only was I blessed with $500, I also got to pick a charity to get a $500 donation to.  Guess which charity I chose?  March of Dimes, of course!  :)


Here is the "surprise" check that came in the mail today!  Woohoo!

0 comments: