Our 2nd week of the No Spend Challenge is OVER. This week was a little bit easier, mentally, than last week for some reason. I think I got used to the fact that I don't HAVE to spend money on something to satisfy that little shopping craving I get.
Here's how our week went this week:
1. Grocery shopping:
Friday 1/6--spent approx. $40. This is sort of a big cut of our $100 budget but I got chicken, pop, a TON of produce, and diapers.
Today 1/13--spent $34.32 but again, I stocked up on some rock bottom prices, (chicken, onions, ragu) and got since we haven't been eating out, I got groceries to make a "fun" meal at home--gyros.
2. I sold some more things on a Facebook Garage Sale site and on Ebay...my total sales so far are close to.....drumroll please....$450!! My goal was $250 so I am very happy with my progress. I still have more that I plan to list on Ebay this weekend.
3. We put $35 in gas in our car. This is the first we've had to put gas in all month so I'm happy with our gas conservation.
4. We did buy some girl scout cookies today. I'm a teacher and 3 of my students are selling them...and they are my husband's favorite so that set us back $10.50--I'll count that as grocery budget.
5. We also joined a fitness challenge that we're having through our work. We're looking at it as more than an investment because there are cash rewards $300, $200, and $100. I'm confident we will win. That set us back $20.
Overall, I'm happy with our progress. I couldn't decide if I wanted to buy the Girl Scout cookies, or not, but since they only come around once a year, I went ahead and bought them. That was our big "splurge" for the month. No eating out, which has been HUGE for us.
We've also been down with the stomach flu this week but I'm thankful none of us have required a doctor visit. I keep praying that we stay healthy for the rest of the winter!
I'm a Christian, wife, mom to 2 beautiful kids, full-time elementary educator and Blog enthusiast. Blogging is my down time and I'm addicted! You will find I post about my passions; my family & friends (and how blessed I am), getting out of debt, being frugal, home improvement, real food, and misc. other topics. Enjoy and be blessed!
- Frugal Tuesday Tip: Never Pay Retail
- 31 Days of Nothing--Week 4 Update
- 31 Days of Nothing--Week 3 Update
- Blessing: Our Trailer
- Frugal Tuesday Tip: Buy coupons on Ebay
- 31 Days of Nothing--Week 2
- Frugal Tuesday Tip
- Blessing: Beautiful Winter Weather
- 31 Days of Nothing--Week 1
- 31 Days of Nothing Challenge
- ▼ January (11)
- ► 2011 (49)
Today was a BIG day for us. We bought and paid for a house. The bank does not own it. It's ours . The closing took 5 minutes. We sig...
This is a post I've been wanting to do for awhile but honestly, it's an emotional topic for me so I've put it off. In August 2...
(This post is killing 2 birds with one stone. I'm entering it in Learning the Frugal Life 's Frugal Tuesday tip. My tip this week ...
I'm home with a sick baby (who is snuggling up next to me) today so I'm going to link up to Frugal Tuesday Tip @ Learning the Frugal...
Dear Lucas Le, You happen to be the person that "stole" our credit card number to make a $100 Walmart gift card purchase online...
I am very proud of how our family did during "No-Spend January". It was very enlightening to know that we didn't HAVE TO have...
Our kitchen is 95% completed. We still need to pick out a back-splash and hang the valence but otherwise, it's pretty well whipped up! ...
I have been meaning to post about kitchen progress for awhile now but as things kept getting done I'd think...Oh wait...maybe I...
I can't believe it's been a month since I last updated. I was hoping to have this update done by the 1st of September. Only 2 week...
I have been painting and painting and painting and....you get the idea. Let's just say this painting "project" has been a bi...