CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Frugal Tuesday Tip: Buy coupons on Ebay

I had fun linking to last week's Frugal Tuesday Tip over at Learning the Frugal Life so I'm doing it again this week.



My tip this weekend is to buy coupons on Ebay.  One of the biggest ways I save in my grocery budget is by stockpiling.  That simply means buying several of a certain item when it's at it's rock bottom price.  For example, Wheat Thins were on sale for $1.67 a box a few weeks ago and I ordered 14 $1.00 off coupons from Ebay making them $.67 a box.  Yes, that meant I had 14 boxes of Wheat Thins to store but my family eats them fairly quickly so I knew it wouldn't be a problem.



I recently bought TWENTY $2.00/off 2 Pepsi Products (6 pk. bottles) on Ebay. I paid $1.44 for the auction and essentially will save $40.00 off of something I would have bought anyway.  I'm not a fan of buying ten Sunday newspapers for the coupons. I've done this before but it seems like I waste a lot of money and coupons.  I'd rather just purchase lots of muliple coupons for things I stockpile.






2 comments:

Kelly said...

I didn't realize you could buy coupons on Ebay. I guess it makes sense since most people would pay for an unwanted Sunday paper anyway. I might have to check into that! Thanks for sharing!

jonnie515 said...

I do this fairly often, especially with things like cat food, pasta, cat litter, and other non-perishables. You save BIG and I've never had a problem with any of the vendors who sell coupons.