CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 20, 2012

31 Days of Nothing--Week 3 Update

Week 3 of our No Spend Challenge is OVER!!!  It's actually gotten easier each week, which is odd because I'd think that it would be getting harder.  Everyone is adjusting well to it and it is really helping to make us realize all we are blessed with and give thanks to God, daily, for those blessings!



Here is our week in a nutshell.

1.  No groceries. I am almost out of milk, bread, and produce and I have some pop coupons to use up so I am going to the store this weekend.  I only have $30 of my budgeted $100 left so I'll have to be selective but I think I can do it. With some price-matching at Walmart, I think I can get everything I need in our budgeted amount.

2.  We spent another $35 in Gas....totaling $70 for the entire month.  If my calculations are correct, this should last us the rest of the month or close to it.  Our tank is between 3/4 and full and we don't have any trips planned besides our normal grocery store, work, church, and bible study driving but that isn't much.

3. I did buy a toaster this week.  Ours is on the fritz and a co-worker was selling a nice stainless steel one for $5 so I went ahead and bought it.  I figured it would save me $20+ in the near future so I figure I could spare a few extra bucks.

5.  I met a few other people this week to get things picked up that I sold on the Garage Sale website.  My total right now for things sold is....$549.77.  I'm VERY happy with this number.  It has helped pad our get-out-of-the-trailer fund and declutter our house.  

4. When we went to the ballgame the other night, I found $18 in my jeans pocket.  Score!

5.  I am so proud of my family.  We have gone to 7 ballgames this month and no one has asked for a treat or anything.  They know it's No-Spend January and they are really embracing it.  I'm VERY proud of them.  It's been fun to do this challenge together.

I'm extremely happy for our progress thus far.  11 more days.  I'm very thankful that everyone has been healthy (or at least not required a Dr. visit) and we haven't had any other unexpected expenses.  God is GOOD!

2 comments:

Frugal Sara said...

You are doing fantastic! I love finding unexpected money! It's hard to go to sporting events and not want to splurge on a little treat. Your family is doing awesome. Thanks for linking up and I look forward to hearing how the rest of the month goes.

Melissa said...

I think the decision to buy the $5 toaster was smart.

I'm jealous of your ebay and garage sale site selling. I listed a couple things on ebay last week and no takers.