Week 3 of our No Spend Challenge is OVER!!! It's actually gotten easier each week, which is odd because I'd think that it would be getting harder. Everyone is adjusting well to it and it is really helping to make us realize all we are blessed with and give thanks to God, daily, for those blessings!
Here is our week in a nutshell.
1. No groceries. I am almost out of milk, bread, and produce and I have some pop coupons to use up so I am going to the store this weekend. I only have $30 of my budgeted $100 left so I'll have to be selective but I think I can do it. With some price-matching at Walmart, I think I can get everything I need in our budgeted amount.
2. We spent another $35 in Gas....totaling $70 for the entire month. If my calculations are correct, this should last us the rest of the month or close to it. Our tank is between 3/4 and full and we don't have any trips planned besides our normal grocery store, work, church, and bible study driving but that isn't much.
3. I did buy a toaster this week. Ours is on the fritz and a co-worker was selling a nice stainless steel one for $5 so I went ahead and bought it. I figured it would save me $20+ in the near future so I figure I could spare a few extra bucks.
5. I met a few other people this week to get things picked up that I sold on the Garage Sale website. My total right now for things sold is....$549.77. I'm VERY happy with this number. It has helped pad our get-out-of-the-trailer fund and declutter our house.
4. When we went to the ballgame the other night, I found $18 in my jeans pocket. Score!
5. I am so proud of my family. We have gone to 7 ballgames this month and no one has asked for a treat or anything. They know it's No-Spend January and they are really embracing it. I'm VERY proud of them. It's been fun to do this challenge together.
I'm extremely happy for our progress thus far. 11 more days. I'm very thankful that everyone has been healthy (or at least not required a Dr. visit) and we haven't had any other unexpected expenses. God is GOOD!
I'm a Christian, wife, mom to 2 beautiful kids, full-time elementary educator and Blog enthusiast. Blogging is my down time and I'm addicted! You will find I post about my passions; my family & friends (and how blessed I am), getting out of debt, being frugal, home improvement, real food, and misc. other topics. Enjoy and be blessed!
- Frugal Tuesday Tip: Never Pay Retail
- 31 Days of Nothing--Week 4 Update
- 31 Days of Nothing--Week 3 Update
- Blessing: Our Trailer
- Frugal Tuesday Tip: Buy coupons on Ebay
- 31 Days of Nothing--Week 2
- Frugal Tuesday Tip
- Blessing: Beautiful Winter Weather
- 31 Days of Nothing--Week 1
- 31 Days of Nothing Challenge
- ▼ January (11)
- ► 2011 (49)
Today was a BIG day for us. We bought and paid for a house. The bank does not own it. It's ours . The closing took 5 minutes. We sig...
This is a post I've been wanting to do for awhile but honestly, it's an emotional topic for me so I've put it off. In August 2...
(This post is killing 2 birds with one stone. I'm entering it in Learning the Frugal Life 's Frugal Tuesday tip. My tip this week ...
I'm home with a sick baby (who is snuggling up next to me) today so I'm going to link up to Frugal Tuesday Tip @ Learning the Frugal...
Dear Lucas Le, You happen to be the person that "stole" our credit card number to make a $100 Walmart gift card purchase online...
I am very proud of how our family did during "No-Spend January". It was very enlightening to know that we didn't HAVE TO have...
Our kitchen is 95% completed. We still need to pick out a back-splash and hang the valence but otherwise, it's pretty well whipped up! ...
I have been meaning to post about kitchen progress for awhile now but as things kept getting done I'd think...Oh wait...maybe I...
I can't believe it's been a month since I last updated. I was hoping to have this update done by the 1st of September. Only 2 week...
I have been painting and painting and painting and....you get the idea. Let's just say this painting "project" has been a bi...