CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Challenged

 “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
2 Corinthians 4:18 (NIV)



Today as I was reading a devotion, I was smacked in the face with that scripture verse.  I had a feeling of guilt come over me while reading this verse.  The guilt that I've been focusing too much on the "seen" and not enough on the "unseen".  Yes, I've read the bible everyday (via You Version...more on that later) and also kept up on my daily devotions at Proverbs 31 Women.  But (there is always a but), I feel like 90% of my thoughts have been overcome by the unseen.

Yes, we are doing a 31 Days of Nothing Challenge.  Yes, I've blogged about it a few times already.  No, I do not think the challenge we are doing is a bad thing.  However, when it occupies my thoughts and conversations, it's time to shift the focus.   

From today on (for at least the rest of the month), I'm challenging myself to pray every single time I think about our No Spend Challenge or anything related to the "seen".    Justin and I have both talked about the fact that we want to be able to bless more people.  I will pray about God's wisdom and his will in our lives and finances. I was blessed with the gift of managing money.  That gift was given to me by God.  What can we do to make an eternal difference with the gifts God has given us? 

I'm starting out by doing some random acts of kindness.  I've got a few in mind and I may blog about that later, too.  I want and need to be able to make an eternal difference!  For what is eternal will withstand and be rewarded.

0 comments: