CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Blessings Blog

When I started this blog a couple of years ago, my intention was to keep a "running tally" of all of the things life has blessed me with. My daughter, Alexis, was and is a HUGE blessing that I thank God for every single day, and that is why I choose to name my domain "blessedwithalexis". 2 years ago, she was my BIG blessing in life, among a ton of other daily blessings. Fast forward 2 years....now I have another BIG blessing in my life. Little Austin Hunter was born 2/3/2010. A full term, chubby, HEALTHY baby boy. Praise God. Although I learned a LOT through our struggles with Miss Alexis, I will say Austin's birth and days following were MUCH more enjoyable. I am so thankful for both of my HEALTHY kids, and I praise God every single day for the blessings he has bestowed upon us.




Recently, our family has moved from the suburbs of Des Moines to my hometown, Newell. From a city with endless shopping opportunities, to a town without even ONE grocery store. Ouch. It's tough on a girl that's in love with a little store called Target. :) But honestly, looking beyond all of the amenities that the Des Moines area offers, I know there are reasons God has placed our family back into my hometown. Yeah, the town with NO stores. One big bless, that I can clearly see, is that my entire family is there. My hardworking parents, my sister Angie and her family, and my twin brothers, Adam and Aron. I know it's very unique to be grown up, with a family of our own, and be in the SAME town as all of my immediate family members. I need to remember that on the days I'm REALLY missing Target, Jordan Creek Mall or the ginormous scrapbooking store that was a mere mile from where I worked. I know God is working his magic and placing us in Newell for many reason and I'm sure most of those we can't even see yet!

Anyway, I know it's been over a year since I've blogged. But, I want to start blogging more often for 2 reasons: 1) To "journal" my simple, everyday blessings so I can reflect upon them years later and be thankful and 2) Have a place to come record the events of my ever-so-changing children. They're growing up TOO fast.

Here are a couple of recent pictures of my family. Thank you God for blessing me every single day!


Our Family Photo this fall


My kids in their Halloween Garb

0 comments: