CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving 2010. I spent a few minutes this morning looking back at pictures and reflecting (in my morning quiet time) on the year and OH MY, DO WE HAVE A LOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR! Our life isn't perfect by any means, in fact it's far from it! We make a lot of mistakes and gripe more than we should but I KNOW we have so very much to be thankful for. I'm going to reflect on 2010 and put down some of our "blessings".

January--We were 8 months pregnant (YAY!) with Austin. Making it full-term with him was a dream of ours. Thank you God!


February--Of course, our BIG blessing this month was the FULL TERM birth of our son, Austin. I can't believe how much joy this little life provides us...and I can't even imagine what life was like without him. Thank you God!


March--Our Nephew, Kenley, turned 7. He's my sister, Angie's son. He's been my buddy since he was born and since moving to Newell, I've really enjoyed getting to spend more time with him and Angie, too! I'm also thankful that he and Alexis get to see each other each day and build a relationship. They're buds. Thank you God!


April--Austin started going to daycare @ my aunt, Brenda's in April. I'm thankful for the care Brenda provided to my kids while we lived in Clive. She has the biggest heart of anyone I know and I am so thankful to have her in my life. Thank you God!


May--Some months have overflowing blessings and this is one of them. In May, I'm thankful that Alexis learned how to ride a bike. Doctors told us she may never walk so the day she started riding a bike on her own was a special one for us! I'm also thankful for ALL of our friends and family that took part in our annual Team Alexis walk for the March of Dimes. We are ever-so-thankful for everyone's generosity, year after year, & to be able to make a small impact for the March of Dimes! Thank you God!



June--I'm thankful for Alexis' ability to play t-ball. She had a blast playing t-ball this year, even though it was more of a social event for her. I've come to grips with the fact she's not going to be an athlete like mommy and daddy and I'm thankful she has a mind of her own. I'm also thankful for her ability to participate in cheerleading. Her recital was in June and she LOVED cheerleading. Aunt Angie is proud of the fact that her little niece takes after her in that reguard! I'm also thankful that uncle Mark could come up from Texas to meet Austin and spend a week with our family. He was so fun to have around and we appreciate him taking time to drive up to spend time with us. Alexis LOVES uncle Mark! What a blessed month. Thank you God!






July 2010--I'm thankful that God allowed our family to go on Vacation to Florida. We got to see Justin's Grandma and Poppa Barber who we rarely see and they met Austin. I'm also thankful that Justin's parents came down to Florida to watch Austin so we could take Alexis to all of the Disney Parks. What a blessing! I'm also thankful for the time we had with The Shanks...we built great memories! I LOVE to vacation and I'm SO THANKFUL for ability to be able to do that. Thank you God!








I also turned 30 in July and got to celebrate in Des Moines with friends. I'm thankful God has given me 30 great years thus far and also for great friends to celebrate with! I always wish I had more time with friends but am thankful for the little time I do get to spend with them. I'm sad we didn't get a group picture that night (duh!) but here are three of us that celebrated our July birthdays that night!



August--August is the month that we moved from Clive to Newell. The move was (and is) bittersweet for me. I miss my friends and neighbors (and Target, Starbucks,....) in Des Moines TERRIBLY. However, I'm thankful for Justin to be able teach using his internship status rather than student teach, for Alexis to go to a smaller school and us to all be in the same district, and to be closer to my family. Thank you God! Oops...didn't take any pictures of the move, either. My camera was probably packed. ha!




September--Our princess, Alexis turned 6. She is the reason I started this blog. She is the reason I have so much love in my heart. She is the reason I have so much thanks for God! She is my hero. I am SO VERY THANKFUL for her, each and every day! Thank you God!



I'm also thankful that Justin's parents were able to fly up from Texas to celebrate with us and for my parents opening their home for us to celebrate at. Our parents are amazing and we appreciate them SO VERY MUCH!



October--I'm thankful for friends in October. In October, I got to see all of my close high school friends, college friends, Westridge friends, bible study friends, and the list goes on! That can be a rarity...so I'm thankful for the opportunity to see all of them and catch up. I also got to play a small part in the engagement of one of my college roomates, Erin and we attended a dedication brunch at our close friends, The Gulicks. Once again, I forgot to take pics at all of these events (duh!) but I'll improvise. (I don't even have a picture of all of my Westridge friends together. We must do that next time we're together!!) Thank God for friends!









November--In November, I'm thankful for LIFE! I had a real eye opening experience earlier this month. I got into a rollover car accident in my little Neon and totaled my car. It could have been very bad but I walked away untouched. Talk about a blessing!!! Whoa! Thank you, GOD!

I'm also thankful for Grandparents in November. We get to spend Thanksgiving today @ my Grandma Donna and Papa Ike's and we spent time at my Papa Cy's with the Nieland family last weekend. I am thankful for my Grandparents!



Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

THANK YOU GOD, for LIFE. Life is GOOD! :)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and take some time to reflect and be thankful to all you have!

0 comments: