CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 5, 2012

Frugal Tuesday Tip: My Fitness Pal

It seems like a ton of people are on Weight Watchers these days.  I know Weight Watchers is a good program and I know it works.  My sister has lost over 20 pounds on it in 8 weeks (great job sis!!).  I almost thought about joining Weight Watchers when I saw that she has a super sweet App on her phone that tracks all of her "points".  She can scan a product and it will tell her how many points each serving is.  However, the nearest Weight Watchers meeting is 20 minutes away so that alone deters me from wanting to do it.  Not to mention it's about $10 a week.   I figure it would cost me about $60+ a month to do Weight Watchers plus my time driving there and back each week.  I am looking to lose some weight but I'm not interested in an extra monthly expense or time drainer.

Good news.....I have found a frugal alternative.  :)




 It's called My Fitness Pal.   Top 5 Perks of My Fitness Pal include:
  1. It is FREE.
  2. You can log your food and exercise.
  3. You can connect via the web or your phone.
  4. The phone app has a SCANNER!!  (Let's you scan your food and enters it for you)
  5. You can connect with friends to motivate each other.
I was so excited to find this gem.  I used it about a year ago for a short amount of time but at the time you could only log on using a computer.  I am super excited to be able to track my food and exercise on my phone now because it's quick and can be done anywhere.  If you are in the market to lose some weight, check out My Fitness Pal!

0 comments: