CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ready or not....here I come!

Well..I'm officially trying out this *scary* world of blogging. I love reading blogs and I spend all-too-much-time reading everybody else's blogs. So...I've decided to get off of the bench and start my own blog.



Mainly, I'm replacing Alexis "ourbabynews" website with this. She isn't a baby anymore *tear*, thank heavens there isn't much "news" anymore, and it was costing us more than it was worth to keep that site up, so I decided to do the blog thing to keep everyone updated with pictures and such. So...replace ourbabynews.com/alexisbarber with this website.





I know I haven't been the best at updating the ourbabynews website lately so I'll try to do a better job with this one. However, I'm not guaranteeing anything! I'll try to update every week or two with at least new picture and maybe some blogging...but if I don't...please forgive me! Also: I'm starting out small with blogging...It's not as fancy as some of your blogs, but maybe someday, it will be. :) Baby steps....



How did I come with the blog title, Beautifully Blessed?



Great question...glad you asked!



Honestly...It's how I feel about my life, in a nutshell. Four years ago God blessed our family with a BEAUTIFUL blessing and ever since, I've learned to count my blessing...big or small...with whatever comes in life.



Alexis...the blessing I'm talking about...is going to be four on Saturday. FOUR! I know....I've re-figured it in my head 1000 times just to be sure, because it doesn't seem possible she is four. But....2008-2004=FOUR years! I know, I know...I teach 3rd and 4th grade math so my math COULD be off...but I don't think it is on this one.



By her birthday...I will blog about how blessed we have been for these last four years but I just wanted to get my feet wet tonight with blogging. So....stay tuned. I'll post another blog here soon.



Oh....and before I close, I wanted to share some pretty exciting news. Because she is SO SPECIAL....Alexis was chosen as the Central Iowa March of Dimes Ambassador Child for 2009! We are honored and thrilled to step into these big shoes!



Here are some recent pictures of our little blessing....The 2009 MOD Ambassador Child herself: Alexis Ann Barber!










Ok...so I could only figure out how to upload one picture at a time.....so you are....this is what you get for now! :)

2 comments:

Darcy @ m3b said...

Congrats! And welcome to the blogosphere. I've bookmarked your site.

Gramma Kacky said...

I’m so glad that you’re still doing something to keep everyone that loves our little miracle from God posted on her progress. She has touched so many people and I believe will continue to do so. I also believe God has special plans for her and I think one of them is her (and the two of you) witness to others of how God answers prayers and that He does perform miracles. When we are weak, He is strong.