CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blessing: FREEDOM!

I love the 4th of July.  Maybe it's because it's in the middle of summer and I love summer.  No, that's not it.  It's because it's a celebration of our Independence and I'm so very thankful to live in a FREE country.  I'm thankful for each and every one of our service men and women and their families who sacrifice more than most of even realize.  I'm thankful for my brother, Adam, who gave 6 years of his life to serve in the U.S. Air Force.  I know it wasn't easy for him to be away and miss out on 6 years of his niece and nephew's lives.  It wasn't easy for him to miss family Christmas, Easter, birthdays.  It wasn't comfortable for him to leave our country for an entire year to be stationed in Korea.  But--It's because of people like him that we get the opportunity to enjoy freedom.  THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart, to each and every U.S. service men and woman.
                                            My brother, Adam, in the plaid shorts.  Thanks
                                                               for your service Adam!

Here are a few pictures of our family enjoying Independence Day this year!

                                             Sparklers at the Storm Lake fireworks.

                                          Our crew parked waiting for fireworks in Storm Lake.
                                            Austin enjoying the parade in Storm Lake.
                                                    The kids having fun at the parade.
                                           Miss Independence Day Birthday Girl and Papa Cy
                                                                 Happy 4th of July!


0 comments: